Wednesday, March 28, 2018

3/28/18 Report - Recent Finds. Some Cuts Around the Treasure Coast. Peak Surf Coming Tonight.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Silver Ring With Cross and Arrows Found Tuesday On The Treasure Coast.

If I was on a reality TV show I might say this ring means that the Knights Templar could have stopped on the Treasure Coast.  Could it mean they buried their treasure there?

Needless to say, I'm being sarcastic.  This cross does look more like a Templar cross than what has been presented as a Templar cross on one TV show.  But that doesn't prove anything.  It doesn't even suggest anything unless you let your imagination run completely wild.

I haven't seen a cross with arrows pointing at it like that before and don't know if that might have be related to some organization or be some symbol that I haven't seen before, or if it is just the general idea of pointing to or bringing attention to the cross.

In any case, it is a fitting Easter week find.

I saw where one blogger had some thoughts on the Knights Templar and the cross that has been the subject of so much talk on the Oak Island TV show.  He didn't think the lead cross looked like any Knights Templar cross that he could find and thought it might have been planted as a way to promote the channel's new TV series on the Knights Templar.  Interesting theory.

Here is that link, if you are interested.

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2018/02/curse-of-oak-island-and-knights-templar.html

I always give links for you to evaluate things for yourself.

Talking about TV shows, I really liked Gold Rush: White Water.  I liked trying to figure out how you could actually use the rushing river water rather than fighting it.

Here is one more find from yesterday.

14 K Gold Band.


---

I went out to check some of the beaches in the Vero and Sebastian area, which I didn't visit yesterday.

Before I got up there, I took this photo of the Fort Pierce Beach south of the Jetty.

Big Erosion South of the Fort Pierce Jetty.


The Turtle Trail access was closed today but Seagrape was open.  There was one time back some years ago when Seagrape and Turtle Trail was closed, so I parked at Wabasso and walked down to Turtle Trail.

Seagrape Trail Wednesday Morning.
Seagrape looked sandy both north and south.

I saw no cuts at Wabasso.

Ambersands Beach Wednesday Morning.
There was a cut that ran south from the Ambersands beach access.  In the photo above, there was one detectorist working the cut in the distance.



Looking South Towards McLarty Museum Wednesday Morning
As you can see, only a few beaches had any cuts.  You will probably have to check around to find the erosion.  A lot of the beaches aren't cut at all.

---


The biggest surf is supposed to be between 6 PM Wednesday and 6 AM on Thursday.

The tides will be decent too.  Too bad the wind isn't more favorable.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net