Thursday, March 29, 2018

3/29/18 Report - Thursday Beach Conditions. Bag Found. Contents Revealed. Decreasing Surf.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Bag Found Washed Up On Beach This Morning.
I went out to take a look at a couple beaches this morning and found the bag shown above.  I could see it was full, but bags always fill up with sand, if nothing else.  I hoped that it was full of something other than sand, but not something stolen, gruesome or illegal.  That remained to be seen.  The zipper wouldn't work, so I cut the bag open.  I'll show the reveal below.

 I always check bags or any sort.  You never know what you might find inside.  They usually fill with sand, and that is often all you'll find, however people do occasionally put better things in bags.  I've found both money and jewelry in lost bags.  


John Brooks Beach Thursday Morning.
Here is what John Brooks looked like Thursday Morning.  Some scallops.  The surf had pushed some pieces of shell back towards the dunes.

Beach Showing Where a Nice Cut Was Tuesday.
Tuesday I showed the same area shown above.   Below you can see what the same spot looked like Tuesday morning.  Today's picture was taken from a greater distance.

Same Spot Tuesday.

 On Tuesday there was a nice four or five foot high cut.  That cut was gone today.  Now there was only a very small cut to the west of the previous cut.

The cut disappeared and so did the targets.   Too bad!  That was the type of beach I really enjoy detecting.

Below you some some peat that had washed up.  It was there Tuesday too.  That was a promising sign.

Peat on Beach.
When I got home I wanted to find out what was in the bag, so I cut along the seam by the zipper.

Bag Cut Open.
Well there is something in the bag other than sand.  I see rubber worms and some plastic envelopes.  There could still be something good in there.

Contents of Bag.
Nope.  Not such a good Easter find this time.  Nothing in the bag except for rubber bait worms.  Ten bags at $3.29 a piece.

I don't know who was planning on doing so much fishing, but it looks like I won't be buying any rubber worms for a while.

---

I have some more to post on the report of the lot that was sifted as well as detected.  I also some other stories to post.  Also some explanation of what happened to the Tuesday cut.

Thursday's 5 - 8 foot surf will decrease to 3 - 5 for Good Friday and decrease even more for the weekend.  The tides are not bad.

We might get another chance at improved conditions in a few days.


Happy hunting.
TreasureGuide@comcast.net