Tuesday, March 27, 2018

3/27/18 Report - Very Nice Cuts Found On Some Treasure Coast Beaches. Seas and Winds To Remain High.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Treasure Coast Beach Tuesday Morning.
I saw one stretch of the Treasure Coast that had some nice cuts this morning.  Unfortunately it wasn't one of the treasure beaches.  Nonetheless I was glad to see the cuts and did about an hour of detecting - my first this month. I've been eye-balling lately instead.

I checked both John Brooks and Frederick Douglass beaches first this morning.

John Brooks Beach Tuesday Morning. 


John Brooks Beach Tuesday Morning.

There were very small scallops at John Brooks and Frederick Douglass.  The water had been back about half way to the dunes.

In the second picture you can see a couple people in the distance.  They were both detecting.

John Brooks Beach Tuesday Morning.
Frederick Douglass was very much like John Brooks.

Walton Rocks was not cut.

Fort Pierce South Jetty Beach was cut way back.  They are about ready to start dumping new sand there.

There was one stretch about a mile long that had intermittent cuts.  The photo sat the top of the blog hows one.  The next \photo shows another.  The one shown below was about six feet high at the highest.

Six Foot Cut In The Distance.
The cuts were not close together.  I checked about four, that were distributed over about a mile.

There were other detectorists there when I arrived.  I found some coins and stuff, but nothing great.
I'll get them cleaned up and photographed and post them sometime.  I don't think there was anything really old.

I talked about how some beach trends are of a longer term.  This beach was one that cut back some weeks ago.  I haven't seen any good cuts on John Brooks or Frederick Douglass all year.  Maybe I missed them.

This is the most improvement in beach conditions I've seen for a while.  I haven't seen the Vero or Sebastian beaches, so I don't know what they are like and I can't give an overall beach conditions rating, but based upon what I did see, I'd give it a 2 on my five point scale.   One indicates poor and five indicates excellent beach conditions.

I wanted to alert you to the improvement in beach conditions even if it the improvement is minimal and only to be found at a few spots.

The surf is supposed to remain high for a couple of days, getting even a little higher than today.  Unfortunately the wind will be more from the east/southeast.

Yesterday's post was one of the all time best, in my opinion.   It represents a lot of work and is an exceptionally thorough study that shows how much is in the ground and how much will typically be missed.  As some people say, "A site is never totally worked out."  Well this is one case when it came very close to being worked out.Re

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net