Saturday, March 31, 2018

3/31/18 Report - Ship Remains on Florida Beach. Locomotive Bottle and Mystery Object Finds. Happy Easter!


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com

Shipwreck Timbers Left On Beach At Least Temporarily.
Source: See staugustine.com link below.

Officials had to resort to their second plan of securing the hull section in place Thursday evening after the equipment that was planned to move it got stuck in the sand and couldn’t make it to the site.
Tonya Creamer, spokeswoman for the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum, said Friday morning that the artifact is still on the beach and researchers plan to continue collecting as much information from it as they can...

Here is the link for more.
http://www.staugustine.com/news/20180330/update-ships-hull-secured-on-beach-after-attempt-to-move-it-fails

Heaven forbid!  The public actually gets a chance to see it.  As I said the other day, you might want to take a little day trip to see this.

---

Small Figural Bottle Found.

I didn't go metal detecting yesterday but I did go for a little walk to see what I could find.  No more rubber worms - thank goodness - but I did find this nice little figural bottle.

I walked down the beach a short ways and didn't find anything, so turned around and started back.  I don't go real slow the first trip, so it is something of a scouting mission.  So on the return trip and not having found anything, I looked for smaller objects on the return trip.

This one wasn't easy.  It is very irregular and small and partly covered with sand.  At first glance I thought it looked like broken glass, but it was a little odd, so I decided to take a closer look.  You can see what I found.


Back View Showing Small Opening.
Barely readable on the bottom of the bottle is J S Co.  Above that is what appears to be 3 D P.

At this point I suspect it is either a candy container bottle or a bottle for perfume or some liquid.  The closest thing I have found so far are candy container bottles, but the opening on this one is so small that the candy would have to be very small.

Any help on ID would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.


Front of Train Bottle.

I also found the following item on the return trip.  I don't know what it is.


Mystery Find.
All I saw of this one is the top of the blue bubble on the top.  When I saw it I thought it was a mostly buried marble, but marbles usually aren't usually buried that deeply.  It was odd looking.

Another View From What Appears To Be The Bottom.
From the bottom you can see a smaller but similar shaped white object inside the bigger object.  The entire object appears to be a clear plastic. the bottom is flat. Another cylinder or disc is inside but does not reach the bottom.  There is no apparent functionality to it other than what you see.  What do you think it is?

You can improve your eye-balling skill through practice.  Bits and pieces that are not part of nature begin to stand out and attract your attention, even when they are small and perhaps barely visible.  I walked past both of these items once, until I set my focus on small objects for the return trip.  Very much like metal detecting, except you are using your own perception system.  I nearly said eyes, but a lot of it is information processing, as is always involved in perception.

---

Here is the surf prediction for the next few days.   Towards the end of the week, it looks like we'll have an increased surf.



---

As I always say, "There is always some place to hunt and something to find."  Sometimes you might have to make some adjustments and try some other places or techniques, but it is out there.

Let me know if you have any ideas about either of the newly found objects.

Happy Easter,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net