Sunday, May 13, 2018

5/13/18 Report - Happy Mother's Day. Do It Today. Hurricanes Intensifying Faster.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


I mostly just wanted to say happy Mother's Day, especially to all of the mothers.  I hear from more women detectorists than you might expect.

Just the other day my neighbor told me some the things he said he'd do if he was retired.   It seems like everybody has things they plan to do when they retire.  You always think you'll have more time to do the things when you retire, but it doesn't necessarily work out like that.  Besides, a lot of things can change in a few years.  I had no idea how things would change in my life.  And I had no way of guessing just how things would change.

I actually feel like I have less now to do the things I want to do now that I am retired.  I found a way to do things when I was working, and no if you are working or not, you have to make time for what you really want to do.

My advice would be don't wait.  A lot of things can happen.  Believe it or not, when you get older, you might not be have the same energy and health you did when you were younger.   Its hard to be the same at seventy or eighty as you were at thirty or something.   It's not just a number.

You might not be as healthy or fit or able.  Unexpected things happen to a lot of people as they get older, and not all of them are good.

Also think about your loved ones.  They might have additional problems too.  Taking care of an elderly parent can be a big job.  You can end up with new responsibilities that you never thought you'd have.

You might change in other ways too.  Maybe your desires and priorities will change, and those things that you once loved to do might someday seem trivial or meaningless - especially when you no longer have the people around that you'd like to share it with.

The only thing I'm saying is that if there are good things you really want to do, don't put them off for some distant time.  You never know what the future will bring.   That is how it looks to me.

Today is the day - in more ways than one.  Make it as special and memorable as you can.

---

Hurricanes are now undergoing rapid intensification faster than they did 30 years ago in parts of the Atlantic Basin.

Rapid intensification is defined as an increase in wind speed of at least 35 mph in 24 hours or less.

The main instigator for this change is an atmospheric circulation known as the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO)...
Here is the link for more about that.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-05-09-powerful-hurricanes-strengthen-faster-now-than-30-years-ago

---

Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
TreasureGuide@comcast.net