Sunday, May 27, 2018

5/27/18 Report - 18 Foot Waves From Alberto For Parts of FL. Whatzit Coin Solution. Double Die Coin Error Site.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Alberto
Source: nhc.noaa.gov
On this rainy holiday weekend, Alberto is still heading towards the Florida Panhandle and tropical storm warnings are out for much of Florida's west coast as well as the panhandle.

The NWS said waves as high as 18 feet (5.5 meters) could pound the popular Gulf beaches in Baldwin County, Alabama, and northwestern Florida on Monday. A high surf warning was in effect through 7 p.m. Tuesday local time.

At 5 a.m. EDT Sunday, the National Hurricane Center in Miami said Alberto was about 330 miles (530 kilometers) south of Apalachicola, Florida, and moving north-northeast at 13 mph (20 kph). The storm had top sustained winds of 40 mph (65 kph)...

Here is that link.


Alberto is predicted to be very near landfall on Monday morning.

Source; Ventusky.com
Here is the Ventusky prediction obtained at around 7AM Sunday morning.  It looks like nothing more than 50 mph sustained winds.  The water will be building up in the big bend area.

On the Treasure Coast the surf is supposed to be three to four feet today (Sunday) decreasing tomorrow.

--

First off I want to say thanks to each and every person that sent their ideas on the mangled coin that I posted yesterday.  Every response is important to me.  I don't care if everyone has the same answer or if there are different opinions.  Each response makes a difference to me, and I appreciate those of you who take the time to respond.

If I get several responses that are all the same, that gives me a lot of confidence in the answer.   If there are divergent opinions, that is important to me too.  I do very much appreciate and consider every response, and every response means a lot to me.

In this case, there was a very high degree of agreement, and I am now highly confident that I have the answer.

There was one thing that really threw me off.  I'll show you what it was.

Below is a picture showing what I originally misinterpreted.


One Side of the Mangled Coin That I Posted Yesterday.

In the above photo, the red lines show the area that I mistakenly thought was the bow of a boat.  What I thought was the front of the bow was actually part of the outline of the state of Minnesota.  The boat that actually appears on the coin lies within the yellow circle.  So I was right that there was a boat on the coin, but I was wrong about the placement.  When I tried to find a coin that had a boat where I thought I saw one, I didn't find one that matched.

Here Is What The Coin Looked Like Before It Was Mangled.

Once again, thanks to all who responded and helped me figure his out.

---

Here is a great web site for checking out possible double die error coins.

http://doubleddie.com/

---

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net