Monday, January 28, 2019

1/28/19 Report - Beach Conditions Alert - Treasure Coast Beach Conditions Best Seen In A While. Bronze Spike Find.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.

John Brooks Beach About 1 PM Monday.
Yesterday looked like what I would call a "beachy" day even thought I was under the flu and didn't get out to take a look at the beaches.  It was the kind of weather that I always went out to detect, but yesterday I just couldn't do it.

I did get out to take a look at the beaches today, even though I wasn't well enough yet to do any detecting.  It proved my instincts correct, even though I didn't do anything about it.

It's official now: I'm hopelessly over the hill.  There was a time when I wouldn't keep a little thing like the flu keep me from detecting this beach.  It would have taken a team of horses or an ambulance.  At least you get the report sooner, otherwise I'd still be out there.

So I got to the beach and saw a long cut that was at least five feet high.  That was the best cut I've seen in a long time.  It is what I've been waiting for - and wouldn't you know, that is exactly when I had to have the flu.

I'd rate these beach conditions as a three on my five point rating scale. A "1" rating indicates that conditions are poor for finding old shipwreck coins.  A "2" rating is a transitional rating, meaning that conditions are improving.  A "3" rating means that some old shipwreck coins will likely be found, but probably not a lot of them.

I didn't get down to check out the beach firmness or anything.  It looked granular and soft.  Still, I believe that somewhere on the Treasure Coast there will probably be some shipwreck coin finds.


John Brooks Beach Tuesday Afternoon.

Sorry I didn't check things out better, but it bugs me probably more than it does you.


Face of Cut at John Brooks.
You'll notice that there are no shells in the side of the cut.  It is barely a level three from all appearances.  I would have liked to check it out better.

I would guess that there are other beaches around the Treasure Coast also showing some erosion.

---

Adam D. found what appears to be a bronze spike (nicely shined), and he wondered what the age range might be.  It was found in the water close to a beach in Jamaica along with some other items.  I told him what I thought the age might be



Let me know what you think

 ---

As you can see from the following MagicSeaWeed chart, the surf will be decreasing tomorrow and the wind will be shifting a little.



Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net