Wednesday, January 30, 2019

1/30/19 Report - TreasureGuide Beach Detecting Conditions Rating for Treasure Coast Increased to Level Four. Finds Being Reported.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Afternoon.
Treasure Coast Beach Detecting Conditions rating increased again.  Yesterday I said the rating on the my beach detecting conditions rating scale was a three.  I'm now upgrading that conditions rating to a 4.  That is an increase from "good" to "very good."  The rating is for the Treasure Coast in general and will vary from beach to beach.

John Brooks Beach is cut deeper and farther back than it was a day or two ago.  I think you can see that if you compare this picture with the last picture I posted.

Some interesting small shell areas began to show up.  

There were finds that were already made.  I expect to receive photos before long.  But there will also be more finds being reported in the near future.  I'll start posting photos of finds as I'm able.


John Brooks Beach Looking South Wednesday Afternoon.

Notice the pallets just behind the cut.  A couple days ago, they were far back from the cut.


South of the Access At John Brooks.
The highest cuts are down by the bend.  Some great finds have come from that area in the past.



Frederick Douglas Beach Wednesday Afternoon.
The cuts at Frederick Douglas were not as big as those at John Brooks.

Thanks to the help of my friends who send in reports I've been able to keep up with things pretty well even while I've been under the weather and unable to detect for myself.

As I said, a number of finds have been reported already.  There were even a few made the prior week

Here is some info I got from Scott C., who has also been having some health problems.

...But, last week the winds were kicking up pretty good and on tuesday thru thursday especially on wed. switched to the S.E. and 25 steady...I know of a area that you know very well and it cuts with a SE wind. So Wed I was too sick to go but thursday I did make it there at low tide, there was a 3' -4' cut in that 50 yard stretch...found some Spanish but all musketballs, lead sheathing, small copper stuff...and a huge sand poured lead ingot, maybe 2.5lbs haven't weighed yet. It was fun just to get out and pretty much had the area to myself, 2 guys worked close by but left. Went back out Friday but it sanded in....

This week the winds blew again but this time took more sand away...I had to work most of the week so was only able to get out yesterday late and again with success with shipwreck stuff. But the difference this time was there were a lot of guys working the area. Stay tuned for photos hopefully of some of the finds.

Thanks much Scott!

I also heard from others who said they would send find photos.

When I looked out today and saw the strong north wind, I knew I had to go check the beaches even if I wasn't up to detecting.  I thought I had become very casual about metal detecting, but this experience has been extremely frustrating and aggravating.  I've experienced years and decades of good health and good metal detecting, and this makes me appreciate it even more.

Excellent beach conditions can be few and far between, so it is hard to miss it when it happens.

It looks like the wind will be shifting before long and will take on a more southerly direction.  The surf will remain about the same, with not very big tides.

Keep watching as the find photos come it.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.new