Tuesday, January 29, 2019

1/29/19 Report - UPDATED: Spanish Finds Being Made. Report From Bonsteel and Turtle Trail.


Written by the TresureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Continuing my efforts to give you the best information first, I'm going to go ahead and post an email I got from Ron J. last night.  I might have more to post later today.  If so, I'll add to this post.

John Brooks is the only  beach I visited and showed yesterday, but there are other areas on the Treasure Coast that eroded.  Here is  what Ron had to say about a couple other beaches you might be interested in visiting..

I went to Bonsteel Park and Turtle Trail today [Mon.].

Bonsteel going North past "Chucks Stake House had a fresh cut knee high or more in places. Going to the South the cut was less than knee high.  I was there almost at high tide and the water was approaching the cut. The last tide had washed over the cut in a lot of places. The replenishment sand from the newly planted sea oats to the cut was 10 to 15 ft. to the cut. I detected in front of the cut then on the way back detected the wash over on top of the cut. The sand in front of the cut was both sort of firm and mushy with black sand in the firm areas.

Found one rusty screw below the cut.

Turtle Trail had a fresh cut over knee high and the tide was in with water washing over the cut.  I did not detect there.

Sorry I did not take a camera.
I was using a Whites Dual Field detector....

Thanks for the report Ron.  That is good information for everybody.

If any of you have additional reports, feel free to share.

I'll probably have more later.

Until then,
Happy hunting!

Late PM UPDATE:

I said I would probably be back.  Well, I'm back, but I didn't expect it to be so late.   I just have time to give you the bottom line.

As I predicted: SPANISH FINDS WERE MADE.  More details and perhaps photos will follow, as soon as I can provide them.

That's all for now.