Wednesday, January 23, 2019

1/23/19 Report - Current Beach Conditions and Development.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks Beach Tuesday Afternoon.

This is the kind of weather the snow birds come for, but it isn't exactly what detectorists hope for.

This worked about the same way as several other fronts that came through in recent months.  They're quick.  You get a north wind for a day or two and some small cuts, but then the wind shifts and it fails to develop any more.

As you can see, there were some cuts at John Brooks beach, but they were two feet at most.  The sand was mushy.

Detectorist at John Brooks Tuesday Afternoon.

This nice fellow was learning to use his new detector and quickly picked up a couple of coins in the small shell line.

The high tide didn't get as high on the beach as I expected.

Waves At John Brooks Yesterday Afternoon.

The waves were hitting the beach straight on when I was there.

Looking North From Frederick Douglas Beach.
The erosion at Frederick Douglas was less than that at John Brooks.  The sand was a little more firm though.

L
Looking South From Frederick Douglas Beach Tuesday Afternoon.

I then moved south a little to see how those beaches were doing.


Blind Creek Beach Tuesday Afternoon.
Blind Creek had been one of the better looking beaches in the area, but not today.  At least the wind kept the nudie birds covered.

Looking North from Blind Creek.


Blind Creek has become a busy beach.  Both nudist and tourist seem to like it.  Tuesday it didn't look much good at all.

I also looked at Fort Pierce South Jetty Park.  Evidently I forgot to take photos.  It didn't look half bad.  There were some fresh cuts, but they weren't as big as they sometimes are at that beach.

---

Wednesday the surf is expected to be around four to six feet.  The tides remain big, but the wind will be more southerly.  I'm not expecting much, but we'll see.

On my beach conditions rating scale I would consider this a two on my five point scale.  That means its transitional, but, like I said, I'm not expecting much more.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net