Sunday, December 1, 2019

12/1/19 Report - Beach Conditions Today: John Brooks Beach Scalloped. Ring Find. Smaller Bottle Finds.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


John Brooks Near Low Tide Sunday Afternoon.

I visited the beach this afternoon.  I just wanted to see what was going on, but got in about a half hour of metal detecting.

As you can see above, there wasn't much erosion at John Brooks.  There was a little scalloping.


John Brooks Beach Sunday Afternoon.

You can see in the photo above that the scalloping was not a lot, but there were some interesting features.

John Brooks Beach Sunday Afternoon.
The waves were breaking on the sand right in front of the beach.  The west wind was blowing the tops of these waves.


Fort Pierce South Jetty Beach Sunday Afternoon.

The sand has been disappearing from Fort Pierce South Jetty beach.  I'll bet that there will be a renourishment program before long.

As I said, I did a little detecting, about a half hour, and picked up about fifteen modern coins and the following ring.


Found Sunday Afternoon.

I've been on the ring trail lately, but unfortunately most are junky.



---

Three Small Found Ink Bottles.
I showed several found ink bottles before, but they were all of a larger size than these.  These ones are 1 ounce and 3/4 ounce ink bottles.

The one on the left above is a cut glass Sanford's ink bottle.

Sanford's Ink Bottle 

The center bottle is a Carter's ink bottle.


Carter's Ink Bottle.  One Oz. 

The Carter's bottle shows the Hazel Atlas symbol.  My father packed bottles in a Hazel Atlas plant in the early 1940s, so I wonder if he possibly packed that bottle.



The cork top ink bottle on the right of the top photo is a Higgins Drawing Ink bottle.

Higgins Ink Bottle.

I assume it is the oldest of the three, but haven't yet researched the dates yet.


I just added these to my TGBottleBarn web site.   http://tgbottlebarn.blogspot.com/

---

The high tides are smaller than they were in the recent past, and after today the surf will be decreasing.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net