Friday, December 20, 2019

12/20/19 Report - A Couple T. C. Beaches Being Detected This Morning. A Couple Small Finds.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com


South of Ambersands Beach Access Friday Morning.
There were four or five people detecting at Ambersand this morning.  There were some cuts.  The biggest ones were to the south (shown above).

Ambersands Beach Access Area Friday Morning.
The stepped cut was near the crossover.

Yesterday I showed photos of Turtle Trail, Seagrape Trail and John Brooks beaches.  I issued a 2 rating (transitional rating) on my beach conditions rating scale and mentioned that I didn't know what would happen with the next tidal cycle.

JD sent me a photo that evening.

Turtle Trail Thursday Evening.
Submitted by JD.
It looks like Turtle Trail conditions started to decrease later in the day.

Turtle Trail Thursday Evening.
Photo submitted by DJ.

Several detectorists showed up at Turtle Trail early this morning and found conditions not nearly as good as it was yesterday morning.

Turtle Trail Friday Morning.

So it looks like Turtle Trail opened up for a brief period but by Friday evening was already deteriorating.


Turtle Trail Friday Morning.
In addition to a bunch of lead, yesterday Captain Jonah dug the nice little piece shown below.  Looks to me like it might be a piece of jewelry.

Find and Photo by Captain Jonah.

I was talking to one of the fellows about the small pieces I've been picking up with the Equinox.  Here is an example of one I dug yesterday.  I'd call it a square nail, but it is too small to be a nail. It wasn't easy to see in the sand.

Dug Tack.


Dug Tack.

Very colorful.

I have some other examples of small finds that I've picked up recently, which I hope to get photographed soon. 

I've seen pieces very similar to Jonah's on 18th Century jewelry and might have one or two examples somewhere.  

Looks like we'll have four and five foot surf for a while, but no more north winds until Monday.



I was out this morning when the Atlas rocket went up but missed it somehow.  Was supposed to be a good show.

Happy hunting.
TreasureGuide@comcast.net