Monday, December 23, 2019

12/23/19 Report - Jupiter Inlet to Sebastian Inlet: Beach Photos and Reports.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Jupiter Inlet Beach.
Photo by Joe D.

Yesterday I checked out a few South Hutchinson Island beaches and posted photos of those beaches.  I mentioned that I didn't know what was going on with the Vero/Sebastian beaches.  Steve M. sent me photos from that area, and Joe D. sent me photos of Jupiter Beach. Those reports together with mine will give you a good idea of what the beaches around the Treasure Coast are doing.
First, here is what Joe had to say.

I haven't been to the inlet beach for a few months, but went yesterday morning at low tide after looking at the beach cam online! There was a huge cliff at the lifeguard stands, and the rocks were exposed near the jetty! I haven't seen this for s good while, since they usually add sand when it erodes this far back! In fact, they are adding sand in front of the condo's to the south as we speak! I hope they leave the inlet beach alone for awhile longer! 

There were 4 other detectorists working the beach near me, so i left that area for last! When i did work my way over there, i found several coins and a 14ct. Gold ring that they had missed! The Equinox did me well! There was also very little trash, since the renurishment sand was gone, and we were into some older layers finally!   
    
           
Jupiter Inlet Beach.
Photo by Joe D.


Renourishment at Jupiter Beach.
Photo by Joe D.

Finds From Jupiter Beach Including Gold Ring
by Joe D.

Thanks Joe, and congratulations on the gold.  Also, some super hero figures can bring surprising prices.  I've found a few that I've sold.

Yesterday I showed a few of the South Hutchinson Island beaches and mentioned that I didn't know what was going on in the Vero/Sebastian area.  Steve M. then sent in the following photos from that area.

Here is what Steve said.
My wife and went to the beach today to check for erosion. First we went to Tracking Beach as last time we went to go there it was closed and a sign said dune renourishment going on. We immediately went to Jaycee park, to see, but it looked like trucked in sand piled up. Today we found that they made the dune go seaward about 40’ and planted sea oats on it. So first stop, top 2 pics, are South and North of Turtle trail. Beach had a lot of sand up high. But eroded at beach. Next 2 down were Golden Sands. Same conditions. Next 2 down are Treasure Shores, same. Last are Sebastian inlet state park. Same condition. 

And here are those photos.


Turtle Trail Sunday.
Photo by Steven M.


Turtle Trail Sunday.
Photo by Steve M.
Golden Sands Sunday.
Photo by Steve M.


Treasure Shores Sunday.
Photo by Steve M.

Treasure Shores Sunday.
Photo by Steve M.


Sebastian Inlet State Park Sunday.
Photo by Steve M.


Sebastian Inlet State Park Sunday.
Photo by Steve M.

Thanks for all the photos Joe and Steve.  Taking those photos with the ones I showed yesterday gives a pretty good sample of the area beaches.  As you can see, as is often the case, some areas are eroded while others are not.  You might have to visit more than one or two to find the one you will want to spend your time on.

---

I'm expecting a couple days of reduced surf before another increase.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net