Friday, December 24, 2010

12/24 Report - Christmas Eve 2010



View South of Sebastian Inlet Thursday Morning.

Photo by Ken A.

Ken says there were lots of shells but not much else.

I do like the look of those dips.


The remains of the Confederate gun boat Peedee are to be salvage from the bottom of the Peedee River.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/21/confederate.gunboat/

Place names are often good clues.


View in Front of the Holiday Inn in Vero Wednesday.

Photo by Timothy T. who says there was nothing to be found there.



Stolen artifacts and fakes from Iraq were seized by German authorities. Interesting article.

Here's the link.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/middleeast/news/article_1607368.php/Stolen-Iraqi-artefacts-seized-in-Germany-but-sellers-to-go-free


And here is another article with some photos on the same topic.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13722608


Ornate Silver Bead Found.

This is the second one like this that I found this week - just days apart. I thought it was kind of unusual to find two alike, especially being so small. Looks like maybe a bracelet came apart.


I need to pick up where I left off yesterday, but it is Christmas Eve, and I'm going to keep it short today. I pick up again where I left off after Christmas.


Forecast and Conditions.

After a peak of about 5.5 feet Friday morning, the seas will back off for the rest of the week.

The wind is still out of the north and there are still a few remaining cuts and heavily hit eroded places to hunt - mostly for modern objects. A few old objects are surfacing in some of those areas.

I'm actually going to upgrade conditions to a 2 rating on my five point beach conditions scale. The upgrade is based upon two things: the continuing north winds and movement of sand, and the continuing erosion of a few spots (those with obstructions to the natural flow of sand.)

I've been primarily picking up modern coins, but there are a lot of them at some spots, and there are a few older things occasionally mixed in.

Merry Christmas,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net