Monday, April 17, 2017

4/17/17 Report - Small Emerald Found On Beach. Lots of Seaweed. Decreasing Surf. President's Grandfather In Klondike Gold Rush.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Small Beach Emerald.

Hope you had a great Easter.  I didn't get out much.  I did get out a little while.  I did find this little piece of what appears to me to be emerald.  It is on a penny for size comparison.  It is not a quality emerald.  Just a raw piece of opaque stone.  I have found better and bigger emeralds at the same location in the past.

I didn't have as much luck with coins.  I didn't hunt long enough to give it a good chance though.

Broken Piece of Something.
I did find this unidentifiable broken item.  The scale is the same as the emerald above.  It is small and encrusted.  Have no idea what it might be.

John Brooks Beach The Day Before Easter.
Saturday I took a look at a couple of beaches and took a couple of pictures. This is what it looked like.  Lots of seaweed.  The beach in front of the cut was mushy.

Another View of John Brooks The Same Day.

Another Beach The Day Before Easter.
I took this picture at another beach I stopped at after John Brooks.  The dunes were getting high.  That is what I wanted to show, but it didn't show very well.

I also noticed Saturday that the heavy equipment was on the beach at Fort Pierce South Jetty Park.  I didn't get to look around at enough beaches to give a good beach conditions rating.

Horse Tooth Fossil
My wife picked up this horse tooth fossil on a Treasure Coast beach last week sometime while she was collecting shells.  It does show that you can find some really old stuff.



Peahen On Roof.
This Peahen showed up on my roof a few days ago.  I have no idea where it came from.

---

I just found out last week that our President's grandfather, who emigrated to the United States when he was 16, later made his money operating a restaurant and boarding house in a mining town during the Klondike Gold Rush.  That is what Wikipedia says.

Here is an another article about that.

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/inside-the-wild-canadian-past-of-the-trump-family/

---

The surf will decrease today and for the next few days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net