Wednesday, September 7, 2016

8/7/16 Report - State of Treasure Coast Beaches. Artifacts of the Mary Rose. Tenth Century Sword.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Couple Detectorists At Wabasso
After High Tide Yesterday
The surf was supposed to be a bit higher yesterday.   I took a look at a few beaches to see what if anything was happening.  The waves were hitting almost directly from the east and I saw no erosion on the beaches that I visited.

Wabasso Beach Yesterday After High Tide.

Looking South From Turtle Trail Access After High Tide Yesterday.
I also saw a detectorist working near the Turtle Trail Access.  I had the impression that the detectorists that I saw yesterday were vacationers rather than locals.




Looking North From the Seagrape Access Yesterday After High Tide.
I looked at another beach besides those shown.  None of the beaches showed any erosion.  I didn't see any shells either.  It looked pretty much the same everywhere I looked yesterday.

The surf is supposed to be about the same today, maybe a bit smaller, and then get even smaller for a couple of days.

The disturbance I have been watching disappeared.  There is no weather to watch now except for another disturbance just coming off of Africa.

---

A skull and artifacts from the Mary Rose can now be studied as 3D models online.

Here is a link to an article about that.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-37250413

---

A tenth century sword was found by goose hunters.  It was lying on the ground ready to be picked up.

Here is the link.

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2016/09/05/video_viking_sword_was_just_waiting_to_be_picked_up/

---

The day is out there waiting for you to make of it what you will.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net