Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11/22/11 Report - Beach Dangers

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Explosive Device Found on a Treasure Coast Beach.


Daniel B. had an exciting day at the beach. He arrived at the beach near Treasure Shores when they were hauling away the remains of a boat that DEA shot up. Debris from the shattered boat was all over the beach.

Daniel said he found an exploded device encased in plastic with a battery like object marked " danger, explosive, detonateur." DEA took that .

The explosive is shown the in above photo. Always be careful. You never know when you might dig into something like that.

And also be careful that you don't arrive at the beach in the middle of a drug drop or something. It can happen - especially if you arrive very early or late in the day.



I might have to restart the poll. There were about three times the current number of votes. Must have been a problem of some sort with google. Rats!


As you know, Spanish coins were commonly used for transactions in the colonies. Along with copper British coins, archaelogoists found some while looking for a foundation at the site of Dill's Taavern in Pennsylvania.

Here is the link to that story.

http://www.pennlive.com/west-shore/index.ssf/2011/11/dills_tavern_dig_turns_up_21_copper_coins.html


Back sometime in the eighties I received a little map from Roy Volker giving directions to five shipwreck treasure sites on the Treeasure Coast. I found it very helpful. There wasn't much to it, but it gave me confidence that when I first traveled to the Treasure Coast, I was in the right areas. That was a tremendous help to me. I've published hundreds of times more information in this blog than was on that map. But at the time it was what I needed, and it helped me a lot. Otherwise everything I learned was on my own. I read and researched and experimented and explored. I liked observing and learning and still do. And there are still a lot of things I'm trying to figure out. That is a lot of the fun of detecting.

Roy's Signature.

Roy passed in 2008.


Treaure Coast Beach Forecast and Conditions.

The wind is from the south today and the seas running three to four feet. Detecting conditions are poor again.

The seas will be even calmer tomorrow, and then pick up again just a little around Thanksgiving.

I'd be checking beach fronts with the calm seas and low tide.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net