Saturday, April 14, 2012

4/15/12 Report - Couple Mystery Objects, $100,000 Coin & More


Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Small Brass Anchor Water Detector Find.

I never knew what this was other than a miniature anchor and I still don't know what it is for. It seems to well made to simply be a toy.

It's about two inches high. The black could be easily cleaned off, I think.

I think I saw a photo of a similar one one time but lost it and couldn't find it again. I think it was in an auction that I was quickly browsing through.


I was told that people who use Androids to access my posts have trouble using my links. I have trouble posting active links in the old editor, which I use because I simpy haven't taken the time to find my way around the newer editor, which seems more difficult to me. Today though, I'll try to take the time to use the new blogger editor and maybe I'll find it easier to post active links.

The newer editor seems very slow to me right now. I don't know if I'll stick with it, but I'll try to provide active links in my posts. I'll give it a try.


A bronze Viking-era bucket containing thousands of silver coins dating from the 11th century was found on the Baltic island of Gotland.

Here is the link.

 http://www.thelocal.se/40206/20120411/


Small Silver Cross.

It is about two inches long and unusally thick (both width and depth).

I am trying to make out the marks. The long word appears to be begin A_B. After that I'm not so sure. I also don't know if the diamond symbol and other symbol are right side up or not. Any help would be appreciated. There is enough information there to get a good ID if someone can make out the word or symbols.


It appears that my hit counter wasn't working most of yesterday for some reason.

One man purchased a coin at a flea market for $1 and carried it around in his pocket as his lucky coin for a numbr of years. 43 years after the purchase, he learned the rare coin was worth over $100,000.

I often tell you to keep things until you know for sure what they are. It is a good thing that this fellow didn't lose track of his coin.

Here is the link.

http://www.coinworld.com/articles/whats-it-like-being-unlisted/

Did you notice that he was told that the coin was fake? Beware. And don't give up on things until you know for sure.


Treasure Coast Beach Detecting Conditions and Forecast.

Saturday was blustery. A nice breeze from the southeast was blowing all of Saturday.

Some of the beach showed some improvement, though not enough for an upgrade on my beach conditions rating scale.

I did see some new scallops and small, very small, cuts. I thought the front beaches looked interesting in a few spots - those low long front beaches. When I say interesting, I mean more interesting than those puffed up steep summer-like beaches.

There were some good shelling beaches to browse too.

The seas will be decreasing slowly over the next few days, so no additional improvement is expected in that time period.

Pay special attention to those few beaches that are vulnerable to erodion during south and southeast winds.


Happy hunting, Treasureguide@comcast.net