Saturday, March 23, 2019

3/23/19 Report - Detectorists Still Hitting T.C. Frank Fish Mystery. Bigger Yet Surf Coming? Kellyco Closeout Sale Link.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Detectorist Favored by The TreasureGuide Cam at Frederick Douglass Beach Near Low Tide Friday.

I got to take a look at a couple beaches Friday afternoon.  There were five or six detectorists at Frederick Douglass Beach.  At least two or three of them were novice snow birds.

The beach there, and the other beaches nearby, had deteriorated since earlier this week.

Despite all the detectorists, I observed no digging.


John Brooks Beach Friday Afternoon.


View From John Brooks Beach Near Low Tide Friday Afternoon.

Fort Pierce South Jetty Beach Friday Afternoon.

Jupiter Inlet Beach
Photo submitted by Joe D.
Joe sent me this photo and pointed out the pipes.  Looks like they are getting ready to dump more sand on the beach there again.

Thanks Joe.

There are a lot of beaches that are a lot bigger than they were back when I was hunting them many years ago.  Jupiter beach was a lot of fun back then before they kept dumping sand on it.

I was looking at the beach up by the condos north of John Brooks today.  It is at least a hundred yards farther out to the east than it was at one time.  There is just too much sand south of the Fort Pierce inlet.  It seems like they are always renourishing the beach there, then the sand works its way south.

Oh, I just remembered I was going to mention that at Seagrape a couple days ago, I did see an older layer of sand down a few inches when I dug a hole.  The older sand was about a half foot deep.  I forgot to mention that then.

I got a couple older items out of the older sand.  One of those is shown below.

Encrusted Object Yet To Be Liberated.
I've got some very similar ones in years past.  A large bullet was in one, but I don't think that is what this one contains.  Maybe a broken piece of spike.

---

Dan B. sent in a link to a story on Frank Fish after I mentioned the legendary mid-century treasure hunter a couple days ago.  Here is an excerpt from that article.

Frank Fish was a highly successful at finding treasure and authored a cute little yellow guidebook called “Buried Treasures and Lost Mines.” His friends wrote numerous articles about him and catapulted his book of doodles and maps to temporary fame. It stands to reason his thrust into the spotlight generated some envious folks and enemies, especially when Fish claimed to have one of two copies of the legendary Peralta Map...

How Frank was killed is a mystery.  It is the kind of story that would make a great movie. 

Here is the link Dan sent if you want to read more about the treasure hunter Frank Fish.

https://www.ghoulifornia.com/home/2017/7/27/the-curious-death-of-frank-fish

---

The surf has decreased.  We'll have big tides, but the surf will be smaller for a few days.  MagicSeaWeed is predicting a six to nine foot surf after that though.

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com
---

Just added:  Warren D. sent me the link to the Kellyco closeout sale on Craigs List.

Includes antiques, collectibles, books, bottles and much more.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/atq/d/casselberry-closed-our-doors-final-days/6829540152.html

Thanks Warren!



I was just received an email from Pavo saying that the closeout sale was in February and ended on March 2.  

That is why I post my sources when I get something second hand (including the media) as well as to give credit where it is due.  I don't think I really have to tell you this, but you should always verify what you read when it might have significant personal consequences.  

I do see that the notice was posted 24 days ago.  

---

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net