Tuesday, March 19, 2019

3/19/19 Report - Beach Conditions in The Vero/Sebastian Area Today. More 4-6 Foot Surf Coming.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Turtle Trail This Morning.
I went out to check some of the beaches in the Vero/Sebastian area this morning.  I started at Turtle Trail after high tide.

Upon arriving I saw a lot of sea weed and the small amount of erosion shown above.  I moved farther south and saw more erosion, but it was not enough.

South of the Access at Turtle Trail This Morning.
I checked out this area with my detector a little.  Three other detectorists showed up.  Nobody did much digging.

I saw just hints of the erosion control bags at a few places.

I dug a few things, mostly junk, but maybe one that might be something.  It has to be cleaned a bit before I can tell.

I also looked at Seagrape Trail.

North of Seagrape Trail This Morning.
A lot of the renourishment sand has been moved.  Again, notice the seagrass.

Not many people on the beach anywhere today other than a few detectorists.

Then I moved on to Wabasso.

Wabasso This Morning.
There were two guys detecting at Wabasso.  There had been a little erosion there too.

The gate at Ambersands was closed.  Probably because of the beach renourishment work going on.


North of McClarty Museum This Morning.
You can see the beach renourishment equipment down by the museum.

The museum parking lot was full this morning.

It was windy and wet out all morning.  Not as much erosion as I hoped to see.

I did get to talk to a few of the guys that often send in find photos.

MagicSeaWeed.com predictions.
It looks like we'll get a couple more days with some decent surf and high tides.  The wind will be shifting a little.  That could help at some locations.

I'd rate this as level two conditions on my Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Detecting Conditions scale.

Level two is what I would call transitional conditions.  Improved but not quite good.   There could be some isolated spots that are better.

There is still the chance of improvement over the next couple of days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net.