Sunday, October 30, 2011

10/30/11 Report - Upgraded Beach Conditions

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

The wind was blowing pretty good last night. I decided to see what was happening on the treasure beaches on the Treasure Coast. The following will give you a good idea.

Beach at John Brooks Park Before High Tide This Morning.

It doesn't look much good, but after high tide the cuts anc scallops were gone. It was mushy too.

It is surprising sometimes how quickly cuts can disappear or appear. Sometimes you only have a window of a couple of hours.

Anyhow, around noon today this beach looked poor.


Corrigan's Looking South Before High Tide This Morning.

Looks pretty much like John Brooks at about the same time.

I wasn't impressed.

Seagrape Trail Looking North Before High Tide This Morning.

About the same, but in my opinion a touch better than Corrigans.

This beach has been a bit better than Corrigan's for a while now, in my opinion.

OH, by the way, Rio Mar didn't look any good at all. Just a mushy beach.

Wabasso in Front of Disney This Morning.

You can see the high cliff well enough. At the bottom of the cliff, it was pretty mushy.

It looked like it might be OK when low tide came. Worth a look anyhow.

Maybe also check along the bottom of the cliff, as well was down by the water at low tide.

Sebastian Inlet State Park Looking South Towards McClarty.

I thought the best bets were here, Wabasso, and then third, Seagrape.

Up here, the water was getting back close to the cuts near the face of the dunes that occurred earlier in October. I'd look for new cuts close to the dunes and close to the old cuts and detect in front of that.

Also up by the inlet.

I'm predicting that there will be some cobs found this week. That is the second time I predicted that this month, and the last time I was right.

I don't know yet if it will be just a few or more. That depends upon how things develop through the week.

I'm giving a Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Detecting Conditions rating of a 2 - up from a 1 (poor).

That upgrade is based partly on what I've seen so far and partly on what I expect as a minimum the next couple of days.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net