Monday, October 31, 2011

10/31/11 Report - A Few Cut Beaches - Continued Level 2 Beach Conditions Rating


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Ye Olde Pirate Dog.


On stormy moon lit nights you can hear him howl when someone draws near his master's treasure.

Happy Halloween!



Today I found a couple of beaches that were cut. Below is one of those.

One Treasure Coast Beach This Morning.

Both beaches were cut about the same. Three foot and sometimes four foot cuts.

They weren't extremely long. And neither were on primary treasure beaches.

In the above photo, you can see the new seaweed, indicating that the beach has added a little sand since these cuts were originally created.

At low tide I was finding coins and things. Many were modern coins (mostly quarters) but not recent drops. You could tell that from the extent of the corrosion.

Unfortunately I got chased ouf of a coin hole by the incoming tide before I could clean it out. I coudn't get to the best part of that hole yet.

Although I found two cut beaches this morning, the other beaches I saw were not cut. In fact they were very sloppy - mushy and junky.

These cut beaches, I might have mentioned, were not located on any of the most well known and productive treasure beaches.

I got a variety of reports from various beaches yesterday, and they mostly confirmed what I said and showed yesterday.

The seas are not going to slacken for a while. In fact the surf web sites are predicting seven foot and higher seas for later tomorrow. So that will be another chance for improvement.

So far, there hasn't been much additional improvement at all. Just a few spots looked better today.

Even though the wind is coming from the north and northwest, the swells are hitting almost directly from the east.

The better spots are few and scattered. That means you have to hunt for them.

I'm sticking with a 2 rating on my Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Detecting Scale.

To remind you, it is a five point scale with 1 being poor and 5 excellent.


The following signs were posted at various St. Lucie County Beaches.




If any you know what this is about, let me know so I can share it.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net