Sunday, February 17, 2013

2/17/13 Report - Treasure Coast Beach Conditions Upgrade & More


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

I got a real late start today, or should I say tonight.  Anyhow, Sunday afternoon, I found some decent new cuts on the Treasure Coast.  They weren't everywhere, just a few beaches.  Here are a couple photos of the cuts that I found.

Sunday Afternoon After High Tide.
Sunday Afternoon After High Tide.

These cuts were up to nearly four feet and ran for hundreds of yards.  The wind was pretty much from the north, and the waves were hitting with a slight northeast angle.

Other beaches that I looked at were not cut at all.

I'm upgrading my Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Detecting Conditions rating to a 2.  If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that my rating scale is a five point scale with 1 indicating poor detecting conditions and 5 indicating excellent detecting conditions.  The scale provides my estimate of the chances of finding a cob or old treasure coin and does not indicate the probability of finding modern coins or other things.  There is some overlap for those other types of items, but it is not exactly the same.

Below you'll find a short video clip of the ocean.

According to the surf web sites, the surf will be somewhat more smooth tomorrow.


Robert K. asked if anyone knows if any of the treasure of the Knights of the Golden Circle have been found.  The KGC treasures are supposed to be large and buried at many different locations, including some in Florida.

I don't know of any that has been documented as found.  If you can point me to any stories of found K.G.C. treasures, please let me know.

Here is a basic introductory link for the K.G.C.

http://historicmysteries.com/the-knights-of-the-golden-circle-buried-treasure-and-john-wilkes-booth/

There are complete books on the K.G.C. and their treasures.

I follow up on these treasure some in the future.


No one offered any ideas on the shield that was found near Sanford Florida yet, if you have any ideas on it, please let me know.


If you are interested in reading about the Indian Wars in Florida, here is a great link to a report of events in Florida from 1836.  Reading the newspaper accounts of the time is more interesting to me than reading more recent texts.

This account tells about the destruction of the Cape Florida light house and mentions that the keeper as away on the Gil Blas when the attack occurred.  I've seen musket balls dug in that area before.  The article also tells a lot more.

Here is the link.

http://ncecho.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/compoundobject/collection/p15016coll1/id/20999/rec/3


There is only one more day remaining to respond to the blog poll.


Here is the video clip that I mentioned above.



I put this together real quick tonight, so I'm sure there are some mistakes, but I wanted to get it posted.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net