Thursday, August 11, 2016

8/11/16 Report - More 1715 Fleeet Finds Including Mystery Item. Exploration of Coronado Expedition Site.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Mystery Object Found By Bob C. With Other Shipwreck Artifacts.
Another View of the Same Mystery Object.
This is a really odd one.  See if you can come up with some ideas about what it might be.

Buttons Found by Bob C.
The one on the right is the one I showed yesterday.

Lid also found by Bob C. 
These items were all found years ago.   Bob has decided to clean some of these things.  We might be able to see more then.

Thanks for the submissions Darrel.

I have some tentative ideas on the top one that I won't share just yet.  I want to see what you think.

---

I found a great article originally written by Nugent Brasher for the New Mexico Historical Review. The title is Francisco Vazquez de Coronado Expedition in Tierra Doblada.  It includes a report on the artifacts of the Minnie Bell Site, which is in New Mexico.

One reason I show you things like the artifacts discussed in this article, is to help you identify the things that you might find.  It helps me.

Here is a table listing the types of artifacts found at the proposed Coronado Expedition sites.  I'll show you some similar examples from the Treasure Coast in the near future.



Here is one example of the many pictures of artifacts.

A Very Few of The Artifacts
Shown on the Chichilticale.com Web Site.

The artifacts found at this archaeological site ran from pre-Colombian to modern times.

Some of these were found by metal detecting.

I encourage you to take a look at this web site.  I think you'll like it as much as I did.

Here is the link.

http://www.chichilticale.com/tierra.htm

I'll discuss some of their finds more in the future, especially those that relate to some Treasure Coast finds.

http://stablemanagement.com/article/spanish-treasures-arizona-cruce-colonial-spanish-horses-25107

---

When you send photos of items, it is a good idea if you can also tell the size, metallic composition, as well as you can make it out, and associated items, especially if you are asking for an ID, and as much as might be relevant concerning where and when the item was found.  Any of that might make a big difference.

It is not as easy to identify an item from a picture, so other information can be very helpful.

One other thing that I'd like you to include is if you want me to mention full names.  If I have any doubt about that I will usually only give the first name and last initial.

---

Let me know what you think of the strange item at the top of the blog.

There are no tropical systems and a the surf will remain calm for at least a few days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net