Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9/12/17 Report - Early Irma Treasure Coast Finds Report. More To Come.


Written by the TreasureGuide  for the Exclusive Use of TreasureBeachesReport.blogspot.com.

Captain Jonah sent these photos that prove his divers can do it on land too.  Cole and Grant show their 1715 Fleet Treasure Coast finds.


Jonah said they, "... found tons of lead sheeting ,tacks, copper nails, spikes, over 1500-2000 musket balls. Lots of lead melt and modern bullets.  All sizes of musket balls. And we all had a lot of fun.  Lol lots of digging. More pics soon.

Thanks for the report Jonah!

---

I've been without internet access for the past couple of days. It has been a hectic week. I not only had to do all the things a homeowner normally has to do to get ready for a hurricane, but also had a very elderly person and another home to take care of.

My electricity isn't on yet, but the other home has electricity now, so I got the elderly person back to normal living conditions, and I have somewhere to go for a shower or whatever, but right now I'm typing on a computer that is very strange to me and screwed up.  I think it would have been faster and less frustrating if I chiseled this post on rock.

This morning (Tuesday) they were not letting anyone cross the Fort Pierce bridges to North or South Hutchinson Island unless you are a resident or bussines owner or have other reason for access, such as being an FPL employee. If you managed to see the beaches, I'd appreciate giving a report. I assume I'll be getting internet access before too much longer.

I do know there was erosion. I do not yet know how extensive or exactly where the most erosion or best erosion occurred. I need to get out to see for myself, and I will as soon as I can. Sand was washing out from under some of the homes around Bathtub Beach. It doesn't take much for that to happen. That area is extremely vulnerable.

I heard that Fort Lauderdale had sand over the road along the beach. I've seen that before.
The water was high and remained high for quite a while. It went down a bit around Tuesday afternoon. The surf was supposed to be down by now, and I'm sure it is, but I haven't seen it for myself.

Later today I might get a chance to get on the internet and check out some things.
We are going to get some swells from Jose. Like I said, I need to get on the internet and check out some things and will try to get out to the beaches sometime soon.

Right now you might have trouble getting access to some beaches. As I said, some of the beaches are closed. I don't know about which if any might be closed in the Vero or Sebastian areas. Gasoline is reportedly still scarce.  I really apologize, but I just wasn't able to keep up with things this time due to my other responsibilities.

I did get in a few minutes of scouting around inland even though I didn't get to the beach. Below is a sight-find I made. I know it isn't the kind of thing you are interested in, but for me it is a strange and interesting find. I don't know how it got lost or how it ended up where it was found. It is very heavy. Not silver. It is heavy enough to be a door stop. Maybe it is just ornamental.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get out and scout around so I can bring you the kind of information that I want to be able to post.

Metal Figure Found After Irma
---

I hope you all are safe and getting things back to normal.

Hopefully I'll get my internet going again and post some more real soon.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net