Wednesday, September 13, 2017

9/13/17 Report - Irma Finds. Bridge Openings and Beach Accesses Closed. Some Beaches Cut.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Haul From One Low Tide.
Photo submitted by Captain Jonah Martinez
Holes Where Recoveries Made
Photo by Captain Martinez

I'm still struggling with a strange computer that won't pick up the photos from my cell phone, so this post isn't going to be as good as I hoped.

I took some beautiful beach photos this morning but you aren't going to see them until later.

The bridge to South Hutchinson Island was open this morning.  I assume that the bridge to North Hutchinson Island was also open.  However the John Brooks beach access was closed this morning.

Jonah told me that 510 was open.  He said they were hunting Sunday AM and then the beach starting filling again.

At John Brooks there was a substantial cut this morning from the condos and north of that, which ran down at least to Frederick Douglas.  It was about four feet high and pretty far back towards the dunes.  I would say at the John Brooks walkover the cut was back to about forty yards in front of the walkover.

In front of the cut. there was a lot of mushy built up sand.  There were a lot of nice shells.  It was a good day for shell collectors.

For beach metal detecting overall, I'd rate conditions as no better than a three on my five point scale.  I would not be surprised if it deteriorates until Jose sends us some good north winds.

The only beach I saw was John Brooks so I'm going on the basis of what I saw and the reports I received.  So far I'm very iffy on my rating.

If this computer was cooperating better, I would explain my rating scale again.

Too bad I couldn't post the pictures I took, but I'll get another look at the beaches sometime soon and hopefully be able to post more photos.

I don't really know why the John Brooks access was not open today.  I suspect more beach accesses will be open tomorrow, but can't say which ones will or won't.  Sometimes it is difficult to see any reason for some closures.

I got some reports from North Florida, and it seems they got some improved beach detecting conditions.  I know of one shipwreck under the beach up that way that yielded a variety of large spikes.

Someone asked me about the West Coast of Florida.  I'll try to address that, better in the future, but I'd bet treasure coins will be found in the Naples area where they have been found in the past.

I hope I get my computer going soon.  This one is driving me crazy.

I hope everybody is well.  I'll try again later today or tomorrow.

Be safe,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net