Friday, September 15, 2017

9/15/17 Report - Various Irma Finds. Bigger Surf and North Winds To Come From Hurricane Jose. Jupiter Beach Report.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Spike in Shipwreck Wood.
Here is a nice piece of wood with a spike still in it found by one reader.  Below is another nice piece found by the same person.

Nice Piece Found by the Same Reader.
Congratulations on the great finds!

A day or two ago I showed some musket balls found on the beach by Jonah and the guys of the Captiana.  That photo showed only finds from one low tide.  There was a second group found during another low tide.  Here is that group.

Group of Musket Balls Found During One Low Tide Cycle.
Photo by Jonah M.
That is a lot of digging.  I remember when Bill was finding so many musket balls in the water during one salvage season that he quit digging them.

Trez also was there and found those shown below.

Musket Balls and Lead Finds.
Finds and photo by Trez.

Looks like they hit a munitions cache.

I received the following report from CladKing.

Took most of summer off from detecting due to heat and too much sand on beaches! South side of inlet had filled in nearly to end of jetty making fishing and surfing tough there!! 
   
And while the hurricane removed a lot of sand, it was mostly wind driven! Water did not cut dunes near inlet at all! Just flattened the renourishment sand down to a gentle slope from dune line! The dune at the Seagrape trees is now higher than before by about 4 feet due to wind driven sand! 



Jupiter Inlet Area After Irma
Photo by Cladking


Carlin park was cut back to last years storm level with rocks exposed! But both Carlin and the inlet had refilled some in the last couple of days and where mushy! 



Rocks at Carlin Park Area
Photo by CladKing
---

I don't have electricity at my house yet.  Soon, I hope.  

I had so much to do I hardly got out.  I would have liked to get out to check a lot more of the beaches and do some detecting.  That is the way it goes.  

I did hear of a few cobs finds, but not many.  I didn't get any reports from Wabasso and north and didn't get up there.  From what I've heard and seen, I would guess that most cobs came from Vero and north.

It seems that most finds were made early.  Obviously a lot of lead was found.  

Saturday the surf is going to be up to something like 5 - 8 feet.  It is supposed to stay high for two or three days, and the best part is that the wind is supposed to be from the north.

I have a lot I could talk about but I can't do it all at once.  I'll continue tomorrow and for a few more days until things settle back to normal.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net