Thursday, September 21, 2017

9/21/17 Report - St. Augustine Beaches Hit Hard by Irma. More T. C. Beaches. Couple of Finds. Big Surf This Weekend.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

St. Augustine Area
Photo submitted by Darrel S.

North of St. Augustine Inlet
Photo submitted by Darrel S.


North of St. Augustine Inlet
Photo submitted by Darrel S.
The other day I mentioned that some of the other areas of Florida would probably produce as good or better Irma finds than the Treasure Coast.   Here is a good example of where that could happen.

Darrel S. sent these pictures showing the St. Augustine area.  I can pretty much guarantee that some interesting finds have been or will be made up there.

Thanks for the photos Darrel.

Bon Steel Beach Yesterday
Photo by Joe D.
You might also remember the dugout canoe found in the Cocoa area after Irma.

Below are some new Treasure Coast pictures from Joe D.

Just South of Sebastian Inlet Yesterday
Photo by Joe D.

In Front of Wabasso Disney Resort 
Photo by Joe D.
---

Here is a picture of an item found in England.  It looks similar to the rounded piece of wood found after Irma on the Treasure Coast.  See my 9/15/17 post.

Found Sheave (?)
Photo submitted by William G.
I think this item as well as the one I posted on 9/15 might be an old sheave.  In that case I would suspect that it is made of lignum vitae wood.  Lignum vitae is a very hard wood often used for things like that.  The depression might have held a metal plate.  I think that would make it what would be called a "coaked sheave."

If I'm wrong on that, please correct me.

---

Here is an old Corrigan's find.

Unidentified Corrigan's Find
Photo by Michael S.
It appears to be a piece of oriental ceramics.  If anyone can add to that, please email me.

---

I'm watching the surf predictions for this weekend and next week.

Surf Predcitions
Source: MagicSeaWeed

Ther are now predicting a peak surf of up to nine feet for Sunday and Monday.  It looks like the wind will be most favorable a bit later - maybe Tuesday and Wednesday.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide