Saturday, December 24, 2011

12/26/11 Report - One Strange Place to Find Gold & More


Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Small 18K Gold Ring With Small Diamonds and Sapphires.



This is the type of beach find that can be easily missed.

There is a fellow that said he once worked in the jewelry business who now mines the streets of New York around the diamond district. He checks holes, cracks and crevices in the pavement and picks up specs of gold or gem stones and also pans the residue.

Take a look at what he finds.

Urban Mining http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCEt8So0hRA

Gold and other treasure can be found many places, and many sites are in plain view yet remain overlooked.

I've found a good bit of stuff on streets and side walks just eye-balling - gold chain, watches, ear rings, and rings. The point is that you can find stuff a lot of places, especially if you develop your eye-balling skills.


Over $23 thousand found in old house by the new buyers.

Here is the link to a nice story illustrating the spirit of giving.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/couple-returns-23k-found-in-house-they-bought/2179017393/Comcast/949732186/?cid=hero_sf


In one post from more than a year ago I mentioned a couple of maps that I received anonymously from a dowser that pointed to possible treasure sites on the Treasure Coast. You can probably find those posts by using the blog search box.

I received the following email from someone who I don't know but who is evidently a reader of this blog. I don't know Dan and have nor prior knowledge or experience with him or his service, so I am not endorsing or making a recommendation of any sort but am passing along the message he sent for your own consideration.

Here is what Dan said.

I've been an avid th'er since 1964. In the 1970's, I developed map dowsing ability and have used it and a detector to find and recover coins, artifacts, and jewelry with great success. On 12-14-2011, I had a heart attack and decided at age 68, I need to abandon my 'lone wolf' th'ing attitude. I'd like to pair up via 'phone or email with th'ers out there who could benefit from my map dowsing to locate cobs and jewelry on your local sites. I propose a 50/50 split of found item value on targets I pinpoint successfully for you from maps. Contact Dan Zehrung at dannyz383@yahoo.com




That makes me think of adding a poll on the subject but I can no longer find the feature that allows me to add new gadgets to the blog.


One common answer I get about my silver ingot mystery item (see the recent post about that) is that it is a balance scale weight with the one indicating ten grams. Like I said, that is a common answer I get, and it is an idea that seems very possible. It does, however, leave me with one big question. Why would it be made of silver. I do not think I have ever seen or heard of balance weights being made of a precious metal.


Treasure Coast Beach Forecast and Conditions.

The wind is from the south. The seas are down around two feet and will decreasing even more over the next week or so. That means that there will be no significant improvement in beach hunting conditions on the Treasure Coast, but it also means that you'll be able to work the low tide zone very easily or get into the water, where that is permissible.

Some of the high tides have been pretty high despite the calm seas.


I hope everybody enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net