Friday, December 4, 2015

12/4/15 Report - Wind and Surf Increased Today. No Detecting Conditions Rating Increase Yet.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

I went out this morning to see what the beaches were doing.  Unfortunately the batteries on my camera were low and I didn't get any pictures.  There wasn't a lot to see anyhow.

I looked at four beaches this morning - two in the Vero area and two on South Hutchinson Island. None had significantly changed for the better.

Turtle Trail had more sand on it today than the last time I was there.  It appeared that most beaches had more sand this morning than a few days ago.

A couple beaches had some fairly good scallops near the water line.  That is one thing I wish I was able to photograph.   A couple had a good number of shells at the high tide line.

The wind increased this afternoon.  The surf was supposed to be about 4-5 feet today and will be increasing a foot or so the next two days up to about 5 -8 feet.  During that time the wind will be northeast.  Following that the surf is supposed decrease again.

The tides are not big now like they were back around the fool moon.  That won't be any help.

I'm not really expecting much the next couple days.  The biggest surf is supposed to be Sunday.

I'm sticking with my beach detecting conditions rating of a 1.  I don't know if we'll get anything better before this is over.

---

Please respond to the blog poll.  Looks like we might get some interesting results.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net