Sunday, December 6, 2015

12/6/15 Report - More Wind And Rain And A Little New Erosion. Billion Dollar Wreck of the San Jose Found.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Above is what I saw this morning.  This beach had cuts of up to about two feet.  The front slope was unusually steep.  I've seen other beaches like that lately.

Most targets were near the bottom of the slope.  I found the same thing at a beach quite a few miles away yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if something interesting pops up somewhere, but from what I've seen I'm sticking with a 1 rating on my beach detecting conditions scale.

With all of the wind and surf we've had lately, you could easily expect more erosion.  The tides have been very flat though.  I was also noticing how there is still a lot of sand in front of the beach.

---
BBC has been reporting that Columbia has claimed that it found the San Jose, which has a treasure estimated to be in the billion dollar range.
The San Jose was discovered near Cartagena.  The wreck has been described as the "Holy Grail" of shipwrecks.
"Great news! We have found the San Jose galleon," the president tweeted.
The San Jose was carrying gold, silver, gems and jewellery collected in the South American colonies to be shipped to Spain's king to help finance his war of succession against the British when it was sunk in June 1708.
Here is the link for the rest of the story.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-35014600

---

I'm glad we've been getting a little weather.  The sand has been stirred up a little.  Hopefully there is more to come.

Only ond day left to respond to the blog poll if you did any detecting on the Treasure Coast the last couple of weeks of November.  I really appreciate your responses.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net