Tuesday, January 5, 2016

1/5/16 Report - Wind Picks Up and Some Sand Moving On Treasure Coast. Spike Finds. Aztecs and Glyptodons.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Monday Just After Low Tide.
Below is the same as seen a couple of days ago.  Unforntunately the picture was taken from a different angle.  I thought the comparison was interesting.

Same Area A Couple of Days Ago.
The a lot of the new sand that had accumulated on this beach a couple of days ago is now gone.  Even though the beach looks different now, it is not improved to the point that I would expect much old to show up.

I only had time to take a look at one beach this morning.  As a result I can't say what the other beaches are doing today.  There is some chance that some other beach might be producing, but from what I've seen so far I'm not upgrading my beach detecting conditions rating yet.  I'll get a look at some other beaches as soon as I can.

As you probably noticed, the wind has been blowing briskly from the north/northeast today, yet if you look at the top picture you can see that the waves were hitting pretty much from the east.

The surf today is about 3 - 5 feet.  Tomorrow it will be more like 4 - 7.  We might have more days in that range later this week.

Spike Finds by Lindsay S.
These were found back in December.  Congratulations Lindsay!

---

A giant glyptodon shell was discovered in a back yard.

Here is that link.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/12/30/13/25/ancient-giant-glyptodon-shell-found-in-back-yard

---

Here is an interesting book that you can read in part online: Handbook to Life in the Aztec World.

Click on the title above to go to the book.

---

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net