Friday, September 14, 2012

9/14/12 Report - Beach Conditions Upgrade Issued


Written by the treasureguide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


I didn't get a chance to go out to the beach since the wind changed direction until this morning.  A lot of sand had been moved.  Most of the sand that had accumulated in the past couple of weeks on the front of the beach was now out in the water, but most of the beach had a slope to the berm.   There were however a few places where there were cuts - up to three or four foot cuts.   Where the beach sloped, the slope was mushy.

There was enough sand moved for me to upgrade my Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Detecting Conditions Rating from a 1 to a 2.   My scale is a five point scale, with 1 indicating poor, and a 5, excellent detecting conditions.  While conditions are not great, I would expect a few  (very few) cobs to be found.  You might have to look at a lot of beaches to find the good spots.

It is raining on the beach this morning.  I took some good beach photos this morning, but can't get my camera to download them right now.

I wanted to get this posted since I am probably a little late on my upgrade anyway.  Maybe I'll get the photos posted later.


41 emeralds were found by investors diving with a Mel Fisher crew last week.  The Atocha emeralds were mined in Muzo, Colombia.  


The records of a trial of a rogue priest in 16th Century Mexico who is said to have conducted all types of black magic have been translated and published in a new book that presents another side of life in the New World.  Sounds like interesting reading.

Here is the link.

http://www.livescience.com/22963-16th-century-trial-records-priest-superpowers.html


That is it for now.  Maybe I'll have the photos later.


===================================================

Added this afternoon.

Here is one photo of a cut that I found this morning.  At the base of the three foot cut was a steep slope.  Quite a bit of sand was recently removed from in front of this cut.





Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net