Friday, December 13, 2013

12/13/13 Report - One Treasure Coast One-Escudo, Erosion and Raid on Fort Pierce Civil War Reenactment


Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Escudo Beach Find

Very nice find!!!

Its always nice to see some old gold coming from the beach.

One reader of this blog found this one-escudo and submitted the photo.

One thing you should know about it is that it did not come from one of the well known shipwreck beaches.

I've said in the past that you should scout around and this is a good example why.

Some beaches that are not known as treasure beaches will produce treasure.

Below is the other side of the same escudo.  I'll probably take some time to discuss some of the details seen on the cob in the future.  But for now, I'll let you see what you can see on it.

Other Side of the Same Escudo.

Take a look and see if you can see a date or evidence of a mint or any other information you can make out.  It will be good practice.

Also, some reales came from the same beach.


The blog polls have provided a lot of food for thought and discussion.

I've received a number of emails with comments concerning the polls.  You always have to figure a margin or error.  The polls I construct for the blog certainly leave a lot to be desired.  I only have the ability to enter a small number of characters and can only do so much in a single poll.  Overall I'm happy about the data that I'm getting and especially the data from the various polls that support each other.   Some conclusions I am fairly confident about.  Others leave a lot of uncertainty.   Over time I'll try to obtain additional data that will help to support or refute conclusions.  One thing is for certain, there is a margin of error.

Different peope will have more or less confidence in the poll results, depending upon their own preconceptions and experiences.  All of the data is there for your own personal interpretation and discussion.  Thanks to all who participated and commented.


I wanted to post the following today in case you were making plans for the weekend.  You might enjoy it.



I haven't had a chance to check out the beaches myself lately but GoldNugget of N. C. reports a new four-foot cut at Jupiter and erosion at other Martin County Beaches.

Take a look at the Jupiter Inlet and Martin County web cams.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net