Friday, October 7, 2016

10/7/16 Report - Hurricane Matthew Up In Merritt Island Area This Morning With 10 AM Update.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Friday morning.


Hurricane Matthew was here and is leaving.  It left its mark.  It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was bad enough.

There are downed trees and power lines and a lot of power outages.  I can't say how long I'll be able to get power and internet service.  I suspect I won't have electric power for a couple of days and may miss some posts.

Half of the people in Brevard County are now without power.

I did see a lot of utility trucks coming down from the north yesterday, and I think a lot of our power system has been upgraded since 2004 so maybe it won't take as long this time, but maybe it will.

I know there are downed power lines in the Fort Pierce area.  Last I looked, the wind was down to about 20 mph around Fort Pierce.  

I don't have much else to report yet.  

If you have reports of road or bridge closings or beach access closings, I can pass that along when I'm able.

Hope everybody is safe. 

--------

10 AM update:  Some of the beaches on the southern end of the Treasure Coast are already open.  Melborne and Brevard beaches are still closed.  They are getting strong bands there yet.

Be safe.